How Transfer Car Title in Alaska
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Alaska. The process of Alaska title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Alaska title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over an Alaska Car Title
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the back of the title for “Buyer or Transferee”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Alaska. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Alaska car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Alaska
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Alaska, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out the proper form from the Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Alaska car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Alaska DOA.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Alaska DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Alaska DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.