How to Transfer Car Title in Arizona
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Arizona. The process of Arizona title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Arizona title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over an Arizona Car Title
- Arizona car titles must be signed before a Notary.
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Seller’s Name (Printed)”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Seller Signature”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Arizona. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Arizona car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Arizona
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Arizona, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out Form 96-0236 from the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the $4 Arizona car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Arizona DOT.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Arizona DMV Department..
To apply in person, visit your local Arizona DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.