How to Transfer Car Title in Florida
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Florida. The process of Florida title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with a Florida title office you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Florida Car Title
- Sign your name on the front of the title for “Seller must Sign Here”.
- Print your name on the front of the title for “Print Here”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer’s Printed Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Florida. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Florida car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Florida
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Florida, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out Form HSMV 87015 from the Florida DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Florida title fees by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your nearest Florida DMV.
To apply in person, visit your local Florida DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.