How to Transfer Car Title in Indiana
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Indiana. The process of Indiana title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Indiana title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over an Indiana Car Title
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Name of Purchaser”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Indiana. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Indiana car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Indiana
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Indiana, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out Form 205 from the Indiana BMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Indiana car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Indiana BMV.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, 100 N. Senate Ave., Room N411, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
To apply in person, visit your local Indiana BMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.