How to Transfer Car Title in Maine
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Maine. The process of Maine title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Maine title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Maine Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Seller’s Printed Name”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Seller’s Signature”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Assignment of Ownership”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Maine. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Maine car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Maine
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Maine, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Maine DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Maine car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Maine Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Maine DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Maine DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.