How to Transfer Car Title in Michigan
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Michigan. The process of Michigan title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Michigan title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Michigan Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Printed Name of Purchaser”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Michigan. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Michigan car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Michigan
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Michigan, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Michigan DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Michigan car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Michigan Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Michigan DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Michigan DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.