How to Transfer Car Title in Montana
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Montana. The process of Montana title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Montana title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Montana Car Title
- Montana car titles must be signed before a Notary.
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Montana. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Montana car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Montana
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Montana, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Montana DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Montana car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Montana Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Montana DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Montana DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.