How to Transfer Car Title in Nebraska
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Nebraska. The process of Nebraska title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with a Nebraska title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over Title in Nebraska
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Nebraska. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Nebraska car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Nebraska
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Nebraska, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title in Nebraska, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Nebraska DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Nebraska car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Nebraska Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Nebraska DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Nebraska DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.