How to Transfer Car Title in New Mexico
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in New Mexico. The process of New Mexico title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an New Mexico title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a New Mexico Car Title
- Print your name on the front of the title for “Printed Name”.
- Sign your name on the front of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in New Mexico. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your New Mexico car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in New Mexico
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in New Mexico, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the New Mexico DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the New Mexico car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to New Mexico Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local New Mexico DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local New Mexico DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.