How to Transfer Car Title in Ohio
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Ohio. The process of Ohio title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Ohio title office, or the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over am Ohio Car Title
- Ohio car titles are required to be signed before a Notary.
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Seller’s Printed Name”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the back of the title for “Buyer’s Printed Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Ohio. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Ohio car title, you can get it replaced at the BMV.
How to Replace Lost Title on Ohio
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Ohio, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out Form BMV 3774 from the Ohio BMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Ohio BMV title fees by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your nearest Ohio BMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Ohio DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.