How to Transfer Car Title in Oklahoma
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Oklahoma. The process of Oklahoma title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Oklahoma title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over an Oklahoma Car Title
- Oklahoma car titles must be signed before a Notary.
- Print your name on the front of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the front of the title for “Signature of Sellers”.
- Print the name of the car front on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Oklahoma. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Oklahoma car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Oklahoma
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Oklahoma, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Oklahoma DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Oklahoma car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Oklahoma Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Oklahoma DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Oklahoma DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.