How to Transfer Car Title in Oregon
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Oregon. The process of Oregon title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Oregon title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over an Oregon Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Transferor’s Printed Name”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Transferor’s Signature”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Oregon. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Oregon car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Oregon
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Oregon, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Oregon DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Oregon car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Oregon Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Oregon DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Oregon DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.