How to Transfer Car Title in Rhode Island
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Rhode Island. The process of Rhode Island title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Rhode Island title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Rhode Island Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the back of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Rhode Island. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Rhode Island car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Rhode Island
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Rhode Island, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Rhode Island DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Rhode Island car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Rhode Island DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Rhode Island DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.