How to Transfer Car Title in Virginia
When selling your car, there is a little paperwork that needs to be done. But we want to make it as easy as possible to transfer car title in Virginia. The process of Virginia title transfer is actually pretty simple. By working with an Virginia title office, you can transfer title in no time.
How to Sign Over a Virginia Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
How to Replace Lost Title in Virginia
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Virginia, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Virginia DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Virginia car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Virginia DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Virginia DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.