How to Transfer Car Title in West Virginia
How to Sign Over a West Virginia Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Printed Name of Seller”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
How to Replace Lost Title in West Virginia
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in West Virginia, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the West Virginia DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the West Virginia car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local West Virginia DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local WV DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.