How to Transfer Car Title in Wisconsin
How to Sign Over a Wisconsin Car Title
- Print your name on the back of the title for “Print Seller Name”.
- Sign your name on the back of the title for “Signature of Seller”.
- Print the name of the car buyer on the front of the title for “Buyer Name”.
Make sure to double check the front and back of the title to confirm the information. It is important not to make any mistakes or errant marks when titling in Wisconsin. Not only could it cause confusion in verifying ownership, but it could cause you to need to replace the title all together. In the event you do damage or lose your Wisconsin car title, you can get it replaced at the DMV.
How to Replace Lost Title in Wisconsin
Whether you need to replace or duplicate a vehicle title in Wisconsin, the steps are easy. Even though it’s possible to sell a car with no title, getting your title replaced provides the safest and highest paying options.
- Fill out any forms from the Wisconsin DMV.
- Provide a copy of your Photo ID for all owners.
- Pay the Wisconsin car title fee by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles.
To apply by mail, send the documents and payment to your local Wisconsin DMV Department.
To apply in person, visit your local Wisconsin DMV and make sure to schedule an appointment.